How do I save images like a wedding photographer for perfect prints?

I have a Canon Pixma PRO-100. . . with a Windows 8.1 PC. . . and printing through Adobe Photoshop Elements 11.

I just printed some wedding pictures - which I got from the "wedding photographer". When I printed them - they were an exact match to what I saw on my screen (which I've calibrated) - looked great... ...

I'm wondering what a wedding photographer does to their images to make them so "solid" in printing. How do they "save them"?

When I print something from a Raw(NEF) photo or even from a clean JPEG - there always seems to be a color or quality problem? I'll need to print several versions before I get one I like.

How can I save my images like a wedding photog does - to get perfect prints?

Joe B

I'm no wedding photographer, but I would bet they aren't saving their files in JPEG format. They are probably using some form of software such as Photoshop to edit your photos, sharpen them, etc, and saving in some proprietary format before compressing them into other formats, such as JPEG. If you want to preserve the quality of your photos and any edits you've performed, PNG is a higher-quality format that has better print quality; granted, the file sizes are larger in comparison. JPEG will always have a quality problem when printing because it isn't lossless like alot of other formats. Once again, I'm no photographer nor photo editor, but I do know JPEG is horrible for high-quality photos.

It's easier to start with the higher quality formats and then save them as JPEG. Try saving one as PNG and then saving the same picture as a JPEG, print them both, and compare and contrast. Try the same for other format until you find the one that suits you.

If you want to preserve the quality of your photos and any edits you've performed, PNG is a higher-quality format that has better print quality; granted, the file sizes are larger in comparison. JPEG will always have a quality problem when printing because it isn't lossless like alot of other formats. Once again, I'm no photographer nor photo editor, but I do know JPEG is horrible for high-quality photos. ???

Ask a Question