Photoshop does not print the whole picture

Hi

I'm having this annoying problem when I print from Photoshop CS6 on either of my two printers: ip 4850 or MG6650.
The Picture is edited in Photoshop and cropped to A4 x 300 dpi, but it seems that Photoshop makes the Photo about 2% bigger and then print it in A4 size, which Means that I'm missing about 2-3 mm along the edges.
When I print from Canon's My Image Garden I get all on print, but there I don't have the choice of using individual ICC profiles.

Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

Per

It can be frustrating getting the paper size working ok. There are a lot of things that can go wrong.

* Do you have "custom size" selected?

* Borderless or with borders?

* Centered? Scaled Print Size ... "scale to fit media"?

Let me explain more detailed what I am doing:

1. I crop my Picture to A4 size
2. In Photoshop's print menu I let Photoshop manage the printing
3. I choose the ICC profile accordingly to paper type
4. In printer menu I select: no border

That's all.

But it seems that Photoshop "upsizes" the Picture about 2%, and the "cuts" out an A4 from that Picture and print it.
So I'll be missing 2-3 mm along the edges, and if you want to cut a passepartout you'll need a further overlap, so in the end it's maybe 5 mm along the edges I'm missing.
It is no big deal really, I just cannot find out what's happening, which Means that I'm not in full control of my printing.

Sometimes I crop to 20 cm x 20 cm and print on A4 sized paper.
With no border the print will be 20,4 cm x 20,4 cm.
With border the print will be 20 cm x 20 cm.

Sometimes I think that printers have a life of their own.

Per

i think you may scale when printing

almost all printers needs at least 2 or 3 milimeters in the four edges of the sheet in order to grab it with the rollers in the process of printing. Then if you adjust the picture exactly to the A4 size, is logical that the printer "eats" the edges. In Photoshop thereĀ“s a checkmark named "Change scale to adjust mediums" that reduces the picture and then the problem is solved.

Try to do this...

Let me explain more detailed what I am doing:

1. I crop my Picture to A4 size
2. In Photoshop's print menu I let Photoshop manage the printing
3. I choose the ICC profile accordingly to paper type

None of the above make any difference to sizing.

4. In printer menu I select: no border

That's all.

But it seems that Photoshop "upsizes" the Picture about 2%, and the "cuts" out an A4 from that Picture and print it.
[/QUOTE]

I've only got experience with Canon printers, but all the ones I've used have no problem making borderless prints. It is difficult to be really precise with just where the edges are, as the rollers and grippers aren't all that exact.

Borderless works by expanding the image size by the selected factor ... min, below avg, above avg, max ... and then printing. You'll get some overspray, which is one source for the absorption pads to get filled.

When printing borderless, you want to leave a more or less generous amount of don't-care-contents around the contents of interest to you. Instead of cropping precising where you want the print to show, leave some extra.

Ask a Question