Pixma MG6150 connects to Mac as printer, but not scanner

I’m trying to set up an MG6150 printer/scanner wirelessly in macOS 10.12.6 Sierra inside a Parallels Desktop virtual machine. I think we can ignore the Parallels part because the virtual machine and printer are communicating wirelessly, Printers and Scanners finds the printer and I can print to it wirelessly.

But there are no 'Print' & 'Scan' tabs when I select the device; it’s just a printer. And neither Canon IJ Scan Utility2 nor Canon IJ ScanGear Starter EX can find a scanner. (Neither does it show up in Image Capture.)

I know that the scanner is working because I can scan with the PRINT iOS app on my iPad, but that app has limited features and I’d rather use Image Capture on the Mac.

I’ve installed MG6100 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.16.10.0.0 (Mac), MG6100 series Scanner Driver Ver.17.7.1b (Mac) and ICA Driver Ver. 4.0.0 (Mac), all of which claim to support macOS 10.12. Does anyone know what’s missing here?

Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question