Pixma TS3450 scanner help

LTC

I am usually okay with setting up tech but I have a lot going on at the moment and my head is frazzled. I bought a Canon Pixma TS3450 urgently because the scanner on my Epson printer stopped working (it is always the scanner that goes). I continuously use both scanner and printer for my small business. I completed set-up for the Pixma but then I wanted to scan a stack of product for my webstore (comic books) and I just could not get the settings to do what I want. The Epson version of settings fairly straightforward. I spent a couple of hours looking at manuals and playing around but (perhaps because I am a stress head at the moment) eventually I had to put it aside and move on.

I sent a message to Canon asking if they could give me succinct instructions to get the settings how I need so I can carry on working. I just want to set it up so that I can scan comic book covers as jpegs or similar (not TMP files) and save them straight into a Windows 11 Pictures File with a correct file name. The faster that I can get through a stack of comics the better. I don't want to find that I have to scan and then edit each scan afterwards.

Can anyone help me get set? I am not sure whether I should just give this machine to a friend and buy a flatbed scanner. But, if I buy a Canon flatbed is it going to have the same software that I will find difficult to use?

Thanks!

Ask a Question