Possiblities with Ink?

I'm in the process of buying a new printer and I have a question about the limitations and possibilites of inkjet printing over all.

Can you find any other sets of colors rather than the CMYK standard. White, gold, silver, luminescent color, thermal sensitive colors? I suspect it's impossible but I had to ask.

Interesting question ... but ...
* What are you trying to do? Repro-graphics of fine-art that uses gold, silver, etc?
* I'm baffled by how you would have enough control over what "color" was used.
* For example, suppose you wanted to print something like a "pie chart" with wedges of gold, silver, luminescent green, luminescent purple, etc. That would be trivial to compose in Photoshop, but non-trivial to print so the pie wedges were the expected color.
* Other than trial-and-error?
* Perhaps if all the cartridges had the same color, you could get all "gold", or all "silver".
* And another theory ... perhaps a really odd printer profile would let you have maybe a tiny bit of control on what color the pie wedges were.
* I'm barely aware of what a "custom RIP" is, but another theory is that might allow you to accomplish what you are proposing.

Ask a Question