Printer need

My wife prints copies of her humane society blog in color. She wishes to replace her very old color printer. She needs the new printer to produce crisp color photos on "regular" paper (which her older printer doesn't do), use reasonably priced cartridges that have good longevity, be Mac Snow Leopard-compatible, and generally be reliable in a low-volume environment. Speed is not critical. And she would like it to be wireless, too. "Wireless" isn't as important as the former needs, though. Any recommendations would be appreciated.

My wife prints copies of her humane society blog in color. She wishes to replace her very old color printer. She needs the new printer to produce crisp color photos on "regular" paper (which her older printer doesn't do), use reasonably priced cartridges that have good longevity, be Mac Snow Leopard-compatible, and generally be reliable in a low-volume environment. Speed is not critical. And she would like it to be wireless, too. "Wireless" isn't as important as the former needs, though. Any recommendations would be appreciated.
Actually, Any high end printer would do.
Cheap are good but good things are not cheap. think about it.'

Do a google search for "printware" and use their Printer Search tool.

I would otherwise have to agree with aleenahopkins, if you get a cheap printer, it is not gonna print high quality, and cartridges wont last long.

Looks like the cheapest color laser you're gonna get is a Samsung CLP-315W for about $249.99 (price is off the Samsung website)

After that, you've got Brother HL 4070CDW (Brother's website says "Estimated Street Price: $499.99") and the Lexmark C544dw (Google Products says $457)

Also, if you loose the wireless requirement, you could get the RICOH SP C220N (Google Products: $177).

Hope one of these works.

Last edited:
I recomend you Canon, they are cheaper than Brother's products and they consume less. I don't think that cheaper printers consume more. ;)

Ask a Question