Printing on long paper

Hi.
I have a DeskJet 5940 and recently I began printing full size drawings. The only long paper that is in paper selection is the double A4, which is about 23" long. It is nice to have but I would like to print a 40" pages. Now the driver would allow add a custom paper up to 14" as many of you already know.

I am using Windows7 and I cant recall if the driver is from windows driver update, probably is. I have tried to install the drivers downloaded from hp for WinXp and Vista but that system version check halts the driver installation when it detects 7.

Is there a workaround for this problem of mine (prolly not only mine) maybe installing some other printer driver and adding a custom paper from there? I tried installing the designjet 111 driver but the custom sizes would only be available inside itself.

Is there any way to add any paper size over 14" in length or modify an existing paper size somehow?
If the solution lies in installing another version of the operative system then which one should I install?

DesignJet printers are obviously out of budget for an amateur like me.
Now that I have bumped into this and thinking about a future printer, what printer would allow me to print on long papers, maybe even on a 8.5 roll (right now I bind pages together with clear tape, it works) ?

Please help.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Ask a Question