Prints blank pages

After replacing ink cartridges, my Canon Pixma MP620 will print out only blank pages and photos. It does print out a test page perfectly. I've re-checked and re-checked that the cartridges are correctly seated, I've re-installed the appropriate driver from Canon's website, I've dis- and re-connected the USB cable and the power cord, all with no effect. This is the second time this has happened to me, immediately after replacing an ink cartridge. Prior to this, I've had no such issues. After the first time it happened, I played around with this and that until it finally began printing again - unfortunately, I don't recall what I did that corrected it and can't replicate the action.

Thanks for any suggestions,
Susan

This is likely a problem with the computer rather than the printer, the queue could be jammed. Open the printer utility and go to 'print spooler' then click 'stop'. This will hold any print queues. You then need to find the spool folder which will be somewhere in your windows folder. Once you find that open it and then open the printers folder inside it. Delete everything inside this. Then restart the print spool service. Obviously if there weren't any files in the print spool folder then this isn't your problem.

Ask a Question