Problem with canon ip4840 printer

the problem is that the printer driver does not see the printer and does not want to be installed, but there is a strangeness in the operation of the printer, now I will describe the situation in general, the printer is turned off from the socket and also the usb cable is not connected to the computer and all the printer covers are closed, so I take the printer’s power plug and plug it into the socket ( I don’t press the power button) and I insert the usb cable into the computer and the following happens: a Canon ip4800 series device appears in the device manager, but the fact is that in a fully working printer this should not be the case, that is, the printer should appear only when I press the power button on the printer , but here I have an opinion that the printer’s firmware is damaged and how can it be restored i don’t know, what can you recommend?

It seems like there might be an issue with the printer's firmware, causing it to be recognized by the computer without manually turning it on. To address this, you can try a firmware update for your Canon ip4800 series printer. Visit the official Canon website

Ask a Question