PVC ID cards printing problems with Epson L850

Just bought a great printer, the Epson L850, but I tried printing on PVC ID cards, and the images get cut off on the borders, as the printer thinks that it is printin a CD, and there is no way I can tell the printer not to use the round shape of a CD, and to use the full A4 paper size área.
I also have a Canon IP7220, and I have no problems printing PVC ID cards.
Any Help will be highly appreciated.

Incase you did not get help, install epson R270 drivers on you computer and choose R270 instead of l850 when ready to print. Incase of any other challenge just configure the ports which you are using to connect to your printer.

Incase you did not get help, install epson R270 drivers on you computer and choose R270 instead of l850 when ready to print. Incase of any other challenge just configure the ports which you are using to connect to your printer.
Your solution, works, but the image on the pvc card is not correct, it shows doubñle images and the card is not printed correctly. I tried, first configure the printing process with the Epson L850 to print CD.DVD, and in the final stage I change the printer to R270, but still get the double image printed on the card.

Just bought a great printer, the Epson L850, but I tried printing on PVC ID cards, and the images get cut off on the borders, as the printer thinks that it is printin a CD, and there is no way I can tell the printer not to use the round shape of a CD, and to use the full A4 paper size área.
I also have a Canon IP7220, and I have no problems printing PVC ID cards.
Any Help will be highly appreciated.
I have same problem with my Epson l800 buy on china market.

Your solution, works, but the image on the pvc card is not correct, it shows doubñle images and the card is not printed correctly. I tried, first configure the printing process with the Epson L850 to print CD.DVD, and in the final stage I change the printer to R270, but still get the double image printed on the card.
It has been long but if you did not get any assistance do this: Once you have installed the R270 drivers and configured its port to use the same port with the l850, go to file>print then choose the R270 as your printer then go to properties and on the Paper Options; first start by changing the Type to CD/DVD. Secondly, change source to CD/DVD then click ok and you are good to go.

It has been long but if you did not get any assistance do this: Once you have installed the R270 drivers and configured its port to use the same port with the l850, go to file>print then choose the R270 as your printer then go to properties and on the Paper Options; first start by changing the Type to CD/DVD. Secondly, change source to CD/DVD then click ok and you are good to go.
Try the solution i gave on this thread

Hi can you please make a step by step guide for this? How do you "port" the printer? I have the L850 too, every video on youtube is made by some Indian guy that doesn't explain anything, he only provides a "template" but as I saw he does use the R270 printer but still prints with the L850.

I got a card with the floating ink and when I touch the ink it is smeared on the card, my question is whether there is a special ink for printing (Until today I printed on paper with the same ink I also tried on the card) or I have a problem with the settings

I got a card with the floating ink and when I touch the ink it is smeared on the card, my question is whether there is a special ink for printing (Until today I printed on paper with the same ink I also tried on the card) or I have a problem with the settings
i figured it out...anyone printing pvc cards....just use specifically PVC CARDS for inkjet

use pvc card for inkjet printers

Ask a Question