Red is printing orange

I have a canon ip 3600 and all of a sudden it started printing dark orange instead of red. I changed my cartridge and it started printing fine again. A few prints later it happened again. I changed it out again and it worked for a bit. Then changing it didnt work, so i decided to put in a new print head, (had a spare ip3600 in closet) mind you this printer is only a month old. That didnt fix anything so i assumed it was the printer. I took the ip3600 i had in the closet and popped the print head in it from the other printer and same thing. I thought screw it im buying a different line of printers and I purchased the Canon MG5320 and its not printing any diffferent. I have used the same ink this entire time and no its not canon, its actually edible ink and I pay the higher amount since its from a company that is trusted assuming its better ink. Im starting to believe something may have got changed on my computer or the company has changed their ink? I never messed with any settings since I do not know much about that stuff. I use photoshop to print off all my images on to icing sheets. I normally would have the settings on matte paper, printer manages color, relative colormetric and then i would disable color management by selecting NONE in the print settings dialog box. I have read a bit on google and to what i can understand my document needs a profile and i opened up all of my images i have designed and it does not have a profile, so i assigned one to it...adobe rgb but even after printing a sample red its still orange just a different shade. I have dealt with this for months now and have spent so much money and time trying to figure this out. PLEASE HELP! ANY SUGGESTIONS!

What does a "nozzle check" look like? On plain copy paper?

Sometimes it helps to use a generic, low cost glossy inkjet paper to do the nozzle check, so as to better see what is going on.

Ask a Question