Refilling my HP DeskJet 2620

It has been a week since I bought my new HP DeskJet 2620 All in one printer and the black ink cartridge already ran out of ink. The company wants me to buy a new cartridge which costs nearly as much as the printer itself. I can't afford to buy a cartridge every week so I have though of refilling the cartridge with ink. I have a friend who has the same printer and he has been refilling his cartridges without problems for about 4 months now.

Both Black and Tri-color cartridges are of the type (123 HP setup XL) I think

So yesterday , I plugged out my cartridge and slowly removed a bit of the HP sticker on the cartridge and put in around 4 or 5 ml of black ink in the middle hole using a syringe.

My friend told me and showed me how it is done and I did as he told me but however, the printer then prints one page then fails to print anymore. when it fails , it either gives me a completely white blank page or just few lines of black ink around , as if it is still empty.

I put in more ink and i see the ink starts flowing out of the cartridge from the bottom of it so I stop it and I try printing again. like before, it prints 1 page completely fine then fails the rest. I am very frustrated by this and I don't know what to do. Does anyone know what could be causing such thing? anyway to resolve this? Thanks in advance.

Ask a Question