Removing files from print queue

In order to fix the problem of print jobs stuck in the queue, all the help pages I've seen refer to a folder titled Windows\System32\Spool - but there does not appear to be any such folder in Win 10. Where are the spooled printer files located? Thanks!

Thanks ruffin, that's the dialog you get after clicking on the printer icon. The problem is that it can take approx forever to Cancel an item in the queue. The posted workaround for this is to delete the files directly from Windows, but the folder referred to by Microsoft and others (referenced in my OP) does not appear to exist. So that leaves me wondering where the heck those spooled files actually reside.

Thanks ruffin. The original post was referring to method 4 (manually clear the queue) which makes reference to C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS - this is the folder that does not exist (at least not on any of my computers)

Ask a Question