Replacing only black cartridge?

SRH

I have an Epson XP2100 as a spare printer in my office that is only used for printing off B&W documents and shipping labels. The black ink is getting low and is starting to fade. I can replace the black cartridge only, but I fear the printer will tell me it cannot print as some coloured cartridges are low, even though I only need black.

My question is: Will I have to replace all of the cartridges including the coloured ones? I will never need to print colour with this printer, but I have had issues in the past with printers telling me they are unable to print as coloured ink is low, even though I only needed B&W.

Is there a way to put the XP2100 into greyscale mode or black and white? That would help as I don't want to have to pay for a new set of cartridges that aren't going to be used.

Many thanks!

I understand your concern. Unfortunately, in most inkjet printers, low ink levels in any cartridge can prevent printing, even for black and white documents. You can try accessing printer settings for a grayscale mode or acknowledge the warning and proceed, but print quality may be affected. Using third-party software or ink conversion kits could also be options.

Ask a Question