Resetting low toner warning brother hl-3270

When my black cartridge ran out I looked up how to reset the warning, and successfully did so. I have been printing daily crossword and other stuff for over three months, and the black is still full density, so there is quite a bit of reserve.
Now my yellow has run out, the printer has stopped printing, and the trick to pull up the toner level reset screen, presumably in the firmware, no longer works. paranoid thought is that they removed it in a firmware update. Can anyone explain ?. I put in a new yellow cartridge and it works fine, and I will soon face two other colors.

When my black cartridge ran out I looked up how to reset the warning, and successfully did so. I have been printing daily crossword and other stuff for over three months, and the black is still full density, so there is quite a bit of reserve.
Now my yellow has run out, the printer has stopped printing, and the trick to pull up the toner level reset screen, presumably in the firmware, no longer works. paranoid thought is that they removed it in a firmware update. Can anyone explain ?. I put in a new yellow cartridge and it works fine, and I will soon face two other colors.
Did you ever find any answers to this? I am experiencing the same problem, I used the reset option a few months back, I still have plenty of toner left as nothing was fading at all, and now I can not print anymore as the black says it needs to be replaced and it does not, but the reset option does not work anymore. Looking to see if anyone has come up with another way to bypass this.

Did you ever find any answers to this? I am experiencing the same problem, I used the reset option a few months back, I still have plenty of toner left as nothing was fading at all, and now I can not print anymore as the black says it needs to be replaced and it does not, but the reset option does not work anymore. Looking to see if anyone has come up with another way to bypass this.
no one answered, but later I discovered that it still works, but the timing is so random that you have to try 5 or 10 times until it works. Finally replaced the black after over 250 pages at least,

no one answered, but later I discovered that it still works, but the timing is so random that you have to try 5 or 10 times until it works. Finally replaced the black after over 250 pages at least,
Well dang, I will keep trying, but I did try it probably 10 times. Before this last time, I never had a problem, would reset with ease and normally get 2 more runs through a black toner. Thanks

Ask a Question