Resetting ToF position on Epson FX-890

Hello,

This is my first post to Printer Forums; I hope I am posting this in the right forum.

I have an Epson FX-890 form-feed printer that I use to print listings for computer code - often several pages at a time. I've had it for several years, use it seldom, and generally it's performed well. Unfortunately, from time to time, the Top-of-Form setting gets out of kilter. Resetting this is described on p.32/33 of the User's manual. Unfortunately, what is described doesn't work. I can go into Micro-Adjust mode but when I press LF/FF or Load/Eject, I hear a sound but nothing happens (no paper moves up or down).

As it is, the ToF position appears 2" from the bottom of the previous page, vs. the top of the current page !!

More unfortunately, the outsourced Tech. Support is all but useless to help be re-establish the ToF position.

Does anyone know a simple procedure for re-establishing the ToF position on this otherwise great printer? :mad:

Ask a Question