Samsung 2885fw incompatible imager

Hi guys,

Hope everybody is doing well :)

I am new to the forum and just signed up because I am having an issue with a samsung 2885fw. I bought the printer new and printed at most 40-50 pages with it. I then left it unattended in my office for a rather long time, and when it came time to use it again the screen on the printer was displaying an error. At this point I think the printer was out of it's warranty period so I could not return it for service.

the error is "incompatible imaging unit" which from searching on the internet I have come to understand would be the chip in the imaging unit to have recorded that it has exceeded it's useful life.

Is there any way to fix this issue without buying a new chip online and waiting for the super long shipping times? as it is the printer is completely useless as it won't even scan.

I would like to add that I have tried power cycling, remving the toner and imager units and reinserting them.

If anybody had some insight into this issue I would be grateful.

Jumpncrash

Ask a Question