Samsung C460FW Color Smears on colour prints

Hello

I have a samsung c460fw laser color printer, scanner, fax, copy machine. And everytime i print colour from my mac or pc i get a smear of colour ink on the page I have attached a image of the result. Can someone tell me if there a solution. (i masked my info on the page with red (that was intentional)

I have attached my laser toner level as well.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1932 copy.jpg
    IMG_1932 copy.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 345
  • IMG_1933.JPG
    IMG_1933.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 345
It appears that your magenta toner is having issues. That happens sometime, and all you can do is to replace the toner. Perhaps Samsung would replace your toner cartridge that is having problems. Lexmark has done that for their toners that have gone bad.

Did you try taking out the toners and cleaning inside the printer? Occasionally, toner will spill and get inside the printer. Also, have a look at the toner cartridge. Does it look like it has some spilled toner. You can wipe it up with a soft tissue.

To test if it is the toner, switch the magenta toner with another color. You may have to snip off a tab off of the tope of each toner, to get it to fit. Then print and see if the same color smears. If so, it's your magenta toner cartridge gone bad. If another color then smears, the problem is with the actual printer. Let me know.

I have cleaned the roller on the back door and now it prints ok. There was a lot of ink toner on it and I thought I have a look at this. If it keeps messing up I will post the solution and issues.

Thanks a lot

Ask a Question