Samsung M2070W won't scan

Hi, my Samsung all-in-one worked fine when connected (by usb not wireless) to my iMac, now retired. It's now connected (by usb not wireless) to my new MacBook Pro. It will print from an instruction from the MacBook, and copy/print documents, but, it won't scan. Well in fact it did twice, then every attempt from then on results in a failure. I attach the generated file, it's gobbledygook to me. I tried downloading new scanner driver but it didn't help. Can anyone help please?

Attachments

• error.pdf
    67.9 KB · Views: 186
Is this Twain scanning where you're trying to scan a document sitting at the computer? I see that you already tried installing drivers, this sounds like one of those problems where a tech is gonna have to sit down at your pc and play around with the settings until it works.

Hi sweetrevenge, thanks for your reply. Yes I'm trying to scan whilst sitting in front of my MacBook and next to the printer. The fact that it did successfully scan twice then failed every attempt afterwards does suggest as you say that it's a setting issue somewhere, but beyond me to fix. I tried all weekend to get to speak to a human, or get an email address at HP, but failed. Their website tells me my serial number isn't recognised! A pity for such a great piece of kit. I certainly won't be buying a HP anytime soon.

Ask a Question