Samsung ML-2010 in a Workgroup

I have a home workgroup with the following machines:
Windows 7 64-bit, with Samsung ML-2010 as default and shared
Vista 64-bit
XP 32-bit
Windows 7 32-bit

I want to use the ML-2010 over the workgroup. The Vista 64-bit machine found and installed the proper driver, and it prints fine.
I cannot get the XP machine to install the driver. The driver installed for Windows 7 does not work--it makes the XP machine crash if I try to use it. I have tried to set up the Windows 7 machine with 32-bit drivers, extracted from the printer driver, but Windows 7 keeps telling me that the folder with the 32-bit drivers does not have valid printer drivers. I've tried installing the 32-bit drivers on the XP machine, hoping that those drivers would install when I tried to attach to the Windows 7 machine. That doesn't work, either.

Any ideas on how to set up this printer so that the 32-bit machines on the workgroup can find it and install the proper drivers? An hour or so spent with Samsung tech support chat was of no help.

Ask a Question