Samsung SCX-3405 - Scanner stops working

I have this old Samsung SCX-3405 (not W, not FW, just 3405). Because of a lightning strike during a thunderstorm in 2022, it broke because of bad wiring in my house. I had to buy a new logic board from AliExpress and had a guy replace the burnt one. The printing function is working perfectly, but the scanner is acting up a little bit. It may scan at times, but only if you're lucky, because most times (like 70%) it will stop the scanning midway (and my PC shows it as disconected, and I have to reboot although all the lights on it are on).

I don't think this is driver related as I had formatted my PC, installed brand new drivers from the official website, all of them. And I have played with different versions as well.

Now I want to update the firmware. Looking to get inputs. Should I do it and risk losing the printing function (which is working 100% well)? Where can I find the firmware files for free? Thanks

Ask a Question