Samsung Xpress C460W | "Error Printing" on Windows 10 x64 Desktop Computer

G

GoonMcFly

Hello,
This is a long shot, but I'm having some trouble with my Samsung C460W printer.

So I got this printer in 2014 back when my main desktop had Windows 7.
Then I upgraded to Windows 10 and printer still worked fine. I've reinstalled Windows 10 a few times on my desktop due to crashes and blue screens and stuff (lol) with the most recent reinstall being in October (2 months ago). The printer still worked fine until recently.

I haven't used my printer since then and today I tried printing something and I get the "Error Printing" message on my desktop and in the printer folder....

Every time I uninstall and reinstall it, at the end of the Samsung installation program, there is a option to print a "test page" to see if the printer set up. The test page prints no problem. But nothing will printer that; I only get the "error printing" message.

I've tried power cycling the printer, reinstalling the drivers (multiple times), and trying different USB ports. But the issue persists.
I even tried some you tube solutions such as unchecking "enable bidirectional support" and checking the "print straight to printer" options in the Printer settings/properties. On a side note, Samsung Support was of no help.

I know this is a problem with my computer and not the printer since the printer works perfectly when set up on the Windows 8 laptop. Once I try going back and reinstalling/setting it up on my desktop, "error printing" :(

Any idea as to what could be causing this Error?

Ask a Question