Scan to email exchange online test ok but fails to scan error 3101

The title pretty much says it. We just switched over to exchange online (office 365) and we are unable to get a kyocera ECOSYS M2040dn to scan to email. I have contacted office 365 support and we've tried all the possible settings, the default SMTP Server being SMTP.office365.com, port 587 (we also tried port 25 and our alternative SMTP server) with STARTTLS as the authentication method. I'm positive I have the right password as well as a valid sender address. When I click the test button it says test OK but when I go to scan to email I receive error 3101, tells me to check authentication method of both sender and reciever.

I've double checked with my ISP and made sure that port 25 and 587 are not blocked anywhere in between. I have also added our external IP to the exceptions list within the office365 exchange admin portal.

This is driving me mad, I've set up countless scan to emails under much more complex circumstances with no problem, any suggestions?

I can't get scan to folder working with this printer either but that's another story I guess. Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Ask a Question