Scan to PC

I am working with multiple Epson Workforce All-in-One models on a network with around 100 computers. My issues are specifically with the Scan to PC function on the devices themselves and I cannot get it to work consistently. My primary question is how the device populates the "scan to" list of computers and is there any way to manage it?

Assuming you have Windows 7 or later, setup Home Group for all your computers.
Each computer must join Home Group
Enable file and printer sharing (Control Panel->Networking & Sharing Center->Advanced Sharing Settings)
Assign "Share Folder" each computer.
Scan your file to that folder (all other computers will have access to that folder & can copy or edit your file)
Better yet Google "Home Group Setup Windows 7" and "Enabling File and Printer Sharing"

Assuming you have Windows 7 or later, setup Home Group for all your computers.
Each computer must join Home Group
Enable file and printer sharing (Control Panel->Networking & Sharing Center->Advanced Sharing Settings)
Assign "Share Folder" each computer.
Scan your file to that folder (all other computers will have access to that folder & can copy or edit your file)
Better yet Google "Home Group Setup Windows 7" and "Enabling File and Printer Sharing"

I appreciate the input, but a Home Group is not an option as we are already on a domain. All domain users have access to print. Scanning is not necessary for everyone. Some users prefer using the "scan to pc" function but I cannot consistently get a specific computer to show on the "scan to" list. I have not yet been able to find information as to how that list is populated or how to manage it.

I am not aware that one can populate the "Scan To List" with multiple computers.
Should your Epson talk to a network router wirelessly, then other computers in system
can have scanned output transferred to their computer in any folder marked shared.
Epson scan software must be installed these computers.
Operator (for PC2 or PC3) simply clicks "Epson Scan" on his desktop
Select "Office Mode"
Click "Scan"
Select Location "Other"
Click "Browse"
Select "Network"
Select PC2 or PC3 etc
Select any folder (previously flagged Share) on PC2 or PC3 etc.

One must enable Network Discovery and File & Printer Sharing each computer.
Control Panel->Network & Sharing Center->Advanced Sharing Settings

To be clear, we are speaking of one scanning printer, which is remote to the other computers in system.
Im not sure this is what you desire??
Regards

Last edited:

Ask a Question