Scratches and smudges on new Epson SC-P700

My printer arrived today, the epson sc p-700, the set up was straight forward and fine until it came to printing my first print. The image came out with scratch marks and ink smudges and each time I print the scratches are worse. I have set the correct paper settings and and print quality yet it seems to make no difference. Anyone else had these problems before? Or have any ideas as to what is causing this on a brand new printer?

My printer arrived today, the epson sc p-700, the set up was straight forward and fine until it came to printing my first print. The image came out with scratch marks and ink smudges and each time I print the scratches are worse. I have set the correct paper settings and and print quality yet it seems to make no difference. Anyone else had these problems before? Or have any ideas as to what is causing this on a brand new printer?

The same thing happened to me! You are probably experiencing "head strikes". The P700 has no driver setting for using a wide platen gap, but see the instructions for choosing the thick paper setting for this printer, from Red River Paper, here...

Hope this helps you... it fixed the problem for me!

Ask a Question