Shut Down Error Message

I have a Canon Maxify MB5350 which has been working fine for years. A couple of days ago, when I tried to power off the printer, it started the normal process but "hung" and didn't shut down. The only solution I could come up with was to disconnect the power cord, which I did. When I re-started the following day, I got a message saying the printer wasn't shut down properly and to use the power button. The only action offered after this message is "OK". I selected that and powered off the printer, and then re-started it. Everything seemed OK for a couple of hours and then the message returned. It also periodically goes through some sort of self-check process and spits out a couple of sheets of paper. It doesn't matter how many times I shut the printer down properly and re-start it, I get the same thing happening.

Does anyone know if there is any way I can clear this error?

This seems to be a common problem with some canon printers in the last couple of days, mine did a similar thing.Pretty sure canon sent out some sort of update or something and messed these machine up grrr

I too have been affected by the powering off problems with my Canon MG7520.It has been and is a great printer,I cannot understand how canon thinks this is OK.

This is not a minor thing it seems hundreds if not thousands of people have been affected, why would I go and buy a new printer when my old one was performing perfectly before this debacle.

So I dug around and came up with the canon CEO'S email address His name is Yoruku (Joe) Adachi, (e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

(e-mail address removed)

If everyone here could take the time to email him and explain the problem and dissatisfaction with this approach to to his customers.

It seems canon is quite happy with sending these machines to the landfills causing more problems!

OK rant ove

Ask a Question