Vertical Lines on Page

I have an Epson WF-4630 (all in one inkjet printer) that has started printing very precise vertical blue and yellow lines at very specific points on a page. The blue/yellow lines are about 1mm or less apart and about 2.5 -3 mm in length. The lines appear whether I copy a blank page or print a page though the width of the lines has varied occasionally. I have reset the machine; I have reloaded firmware with no material difference in outcome. In all other respects the pages print or copy perfectly -- I just have these not so random vertical lines that appear on the page. There is no horizontal banding.

I have run pages through to clean the rollers (without printing) and there are no lines, smudges or other extraneous printing ink. I have restarted the machine (unplugged, waited, and held power button) with no change. I have changed out the blue and yellow cartridges, which are a generic, but I have used without issue for a long time. No change. I have even "reset" all settings and started the machine as if new. No change. Any suggestions?

Ask a Question