White vertical lines on laser prints, Konica Minolta PagePro 1300 / 1380

Got a secondhand printer, looks like it's not been used in ages as lots of dust around. It came with 2 genuine Konica Minolta 4518 SL toner cartridges, one feels heavier than the other, both produce prints that are similar - lots of white vertical lines on copies and prints - but one is BETTER than the other. These are 2 genuine but perhaps refilled KM cartridges (I don't know for sure.) The scanner is fine as I can scan faultlessly.

Is this problem the toner cartridge? I ask because of the one cartridge producing less of the vertical white lines than the other one (see comparison pic attached here) ? I looked at the drum - it doesn't look damaged to me. Lines can be seen on both toner cartridge rollers, though. I don't how to rotate the rollers of the toner cartridges to clean the lines off, but I thought a blade or something does that jobanyway?! Any advice gratefully received !

(white lines run in same direction as paper feed, i.e. the long side/vertically)

Attachments

• 1380 print problem.JPG
    1380 print problem.JPG
    172.7 KB · Views: 324
The cause was FAULTY TONER CARTRIDGES, yes both of them had the same or very similar fault. I have to assume the previous owner refilled the genuine Minolta cartridges and that caused the problem in both of the genuine Minolta ones. This week, I bought a remanufactured cartridge, and so far everything is OK. Of course, it's early days...

One disappointing note: although Support at Minolta initially answered very promptly with driver and manual download info, their Tech dept did not get back to me at all afaik (nothing found in Junk, and it's a week later).

Ask a Question