Way to Prevent Auto-Cleaning on Epson L120?

Hi, I have an Epson L120 which I use daily to print many pages in the highest quality setting. As such, I don't really think flushing the nozzles ever becomes necessary. However, after every so many pages, the printer does an automatic ink flush to clean the nozzles. This wastes precious ink and I am wondering if something can be done to prevent this periodic auto-cleaning? Thanks.

Unfortunately, automatic cleaning is necessary in inkjet printers. Such precludes clogging of ink and print heads, even if end user utilizes highest quality print option. Cleaning schedule is programmed in printer firmware and as such, is not available for modification.

You need to clean the printer's head because if your printer's head is dirty and clogged then it can create many problems such as streaks, smear and weird lines. In additions, your printer's colour function may not work properly. That is why you need to clean the printer head regularly.

2024 and still having this L120. The problem is the auto-cleaning makes printing results blurry instead, every single auto-clean, and I have to manually head cleaning it until the problem fixed. I print pretty much frequently, at least once in three days (high quality setting) and never have bad print, until the auto-cleaning decides to add blur filter to my printing. Sucks we can't disable this nonsense as if the printer wants you to waste inks.

Ask a Question