Weird pattern printing on Brother HL-3170CDW

Hi Everyone! Just a few days ago, my Brother color laser printer (HL-3170CDW) started generating prints with the following pattern on it (see photo). I talked w/ Brother tech support and all they could offer was that it was the toner b/c I was using an off-brand (i.e. non-Brother brand toner). To me, it looks too "repeatable" to be a toner issue. I looked at all the paper jam sites to see if something was stuck in there and it wasn't. You can't tell from the photo, but there is an indentation at the area where the repeated pattern is so it would seem to me that there's something other than the toner going on there. Or are they right? I don't want to shell out $100 or so for the Brother brand toners if I don't have to.

Attachments

• IMG_0958 (002).JPG
    IMG_0958 (002).JPG
    181.1 KB · Views: 257
Hi Jennifer77.

Your problem is what we called a ghost. To know what produced this problem you should measured he distance between the same point on two images (one on the original and the other one on the copy of the problem). Following that you could call Brother or look on internet to find wich part produced this problem.

It's probably the drum that were hit by something but the fuser could also produced the same problem.

Good luck.

Canactech.

Ask a Question