WF-3640 Not Printing Colors

My WF-3640 printer was not printing properly due to clogged heads. Problem did not clear after several cleaning cycles and I did not choose to waste anymore ink. I cleaned the heads by injecting a cleaning solution through the ink feed ports per videos. Black works fine, but none of the 3 color heads will print anything during a nozzle check. No spots, nothing but blank sheet where CYM should be printing. Cables to the head look fine. Any suggested causes or fixes?

KJY

My WF-3640 printer was not printing properly due to clogged heads. Problem did not clear after several cleaning cycles and I did not choose to waste anymore ink. I cleaned the heads by injecting a cleaning solution through the ink feed ports per videos. Black works fine, but none of the 3 color heads will print anything during a nozzle check. No spots, nothing but blank sheet where CYM should be printing. Cables to the head look fine. Any suggested causes or fixes?
I have exactly the same problem. I’ve cleaned and cleaned the heads with appropriate fluid. I’ve changed the colour cartridges to Epson original. I’ve run goodness knows how many cleaning cycles. Best I get is a very faint yellow from a nozzle check. As with schristi, the black is fine HELP

Hey there. Did either of you ever find an answer? I'm having the exact same problem. Yellow. Two full cartridges swapped and nothing.

KJY

Hi David, I finally cleared the heads after removing them as shown in YouTube videos…..it is quite straight forward but just take a couple of pics to make sure you tuck the cables back in correctly. So using cleaning fluid on the print head, putting it back together and running 5 or 6 head cleaning cycles they did eventually clear.
But, always a ‘but’ , I have just put a new black cartridge in and it’s stopped printing again so back to a full clean me thinks…..they are temperamental but copy inks are cheap so I keep banging on with it

Is there resolution; my printer works fine except Magna is not printing. When I run alignment - Magna doesn't show up. The cartridge is recognized (full) and I've tried 2 different printer cartridges. All of my cartridges are OEM.

Ask a Question