WF-3720: Cannot recognize Ink Cartridge. Try installing again.

This weekend I got this message on my printer, "Cannot recognize Ink Cartridge. Try installing again". I reseat the cartridge in question - even wiped contacts with soft clean cloth - nothing seems to clear the problem. Turn on power and message instantly appears. I turned printer off while I searched the net for answers. Turned printer on this morning and got "Firmware update is available" message. Cannot proceed as any key press will instantly bring up the "Cannot recognize Ink Cartridge" routine. I was finally able to update the firmware through the printer icon on my desktop. It downloaded and installed Ver. 30.76.CL09L4. Restarted printer and back into the ink cartridge routine. I remember just having a firmware update within the last couple of weeks. The ink cartridge is a bonafide Epson cartridge that was recently installed (shake and you hear liquid). I can't do anything with the printer, the error message starts the loop running and nothing can get accomplished. The net suggested wiping the contacts inside the printer (tried with no resolution) and even suggested a recent firmware update from Epson that planted a routine now nullifying any 3rd party ink cartridges (this is Epson OEM ink straight from Office Depot). The printer was purchased in Jan 2020 so it is out of Epson warranty but I purchased (something I have NEVER done before) a 2-year SquareTrade/Allstate protection policy which I will turn to if nothing else works out. I'm running a Dell Inspiron 3670 with Intel Core i7-8700 @ 3.20 GHz and 16GB memory. Win10 Pro-64 bit Ver: 2004 Build: 19041.928. Thanks in advance for any help.

Ask a Question