What B/W laser can I buy and refill the toner cart??? Please help

Hi Everyone,

I need to buy a new laser printer and need a recommendation from the experts.

Must have features:

• Refillable black toner. - We can't afford to be constantly buying $75+ toner cartridges. We would like to cheaply refill the cartridges ourselves with black toner. Don't need color for this printer. But so many of the new printers have the Evil "counter chips" in the cartridge...
  • Ethernet connectivity - We need to share the printers on our Windows only network so we are looking for a built in print server. Don't need wireless.
  • Power saving feature - The printer will be on 24/7 so the green power down/ standby functionality is a must.

Would like to have, but not essential:

• Duplexer
  • Reasonable print speed
  • Able to handle light weight card stock for occasional printing of flash cards
  • Deep 8 1/2 x 11 paper tray 200+ sheets (500 sheets would be great)
  • Able to print #10 envelopes, even if manual feed.
  • Reasonable price

Don't want:

• Multifunction - Fax, scan, etc.
  • "Smart" Toner cartridges that electronically count the number of copies to prevent toner self-refill
  • Color

Can anyone recommend a printer that fits these requirements? Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary

Bella, Thanks for your reply.

Problem is, I don't seem to be able to tell which printers have the "smart chip" in the toner cartridge. Seems like so many printers have that "feature" these days.

Thought some of posters in this forum might know.

Ask a Question