Whats a good printer for cheap generic ink cartridges

Kodak have been advertising that they sell the cheapest ink, not sure if there's any truth in it but it may be worth a look.

Kodak cartidges do work out cheaper when compared to other manufacturers genuine cartidges and in independent tests, the cost per page is very good indeed. However Kodak only sell combined colour cartidges so if you end up printing more of one colour you can find yourself throwing away a cartridge that still has plenty of ink left.
Both Canon and Epson have large ranges to suit most pockets and requirements, do some research online and see which models you can buy cheap compatibles for and whether the colour cartridges are individual so can be replaced seperately.
Selectafont offer a range of compatible cartidges for both Canon and Epson printers....

Hi there, try visiting our website, if its kodaks that you are after they should be on the site individually soon if you cant see them on there just give us a call.

Canon and Epson seem to be the best choice for cheap ink cartridges, dont go for Lexmark as they are the most expensive to buy ink cartridges for.

compatibles for the newer Epson Stylus models that take either the T1281-T1284 or T1291-T1294 are now beginning to appear which will be a huge saving against genuine Epson cartridges.
Selectafont are offering pre-orders on compatible T1285 and T1295 sets as stocks in the initial release of these cartridges are likely to be limited and very popular.

I'd again probably recommend the Kodak for extremely cheap OEM cartridges, although they're not the cheapest once you bring re-manufactured cartridges into it... if it's remanufactured you're after then any Epson printer that takes T0711's or any Brother printer that takes LC100 cartridges

Kodak have been advertising that they sell the cheapest ink, not sure if there's any truth in it but it may be worth a look.

The ink prices were satisfactory compared to my previous Epson ink purchases - but I rec'd a Kodak ESP3 as a gift - have had it only a couple of years - and have now been told I need to buy a new printer head at abt $50. with shipping and tax - and I don't feel a printer head should be worn out so soon with light use. None of the stores around my location are carrying any Kodak printers - I was told I could just order one online by Kodak support. I think I'll look into buying another brand as this one didn't stand up well at all. My Epson lasted about 5 years or more and I only gave that up because of the high price of ink cartridges.

Last edited:
Epson were always the first choice for cheap inks however they now use a lot of counter measures to prevent compatible inks from working, normally it relates to the microchips, they do still work but often you get the "ink cartridge cannot be recognized message"

I would recommend bother printers as the cartridges work perfectly and they use larger cartridges which hold more ink

My personal Recommendation would be the Brother HL-2270CDW. High yield great quality and low cost with SuppliesOutlet's TN-450 Toner Cartridge.

Adrian- Technical Support, SuppliesOutlet

Ask a Question