WiFi Password Problem

My WiFi password is 12 characters long. My Epson XP-310 printer starts trying to connect as soon as I have entered the first 8 characters and of course it fails. It should accept up to 63 characters, so I don't know what the problem is, and I sure don't know how to fix it! I hope that someone has a suggestion for me.

Sounds like password already entered and you are trying to add password again as addendum.
See pages 25, 26 and 27 of your manual for setup instructions. Use printer Control Panel.
Reset your Wifi and start over (see manual). Follow manual instructions to erase password previously entered
(repeated pressing "Left Arrow Button"). Locate your Wifi SSID address and insert full password. Press OK.
If the WiFi symbol isn't displayed on the LCD screen, you may have selected the wrong network name or entered the password incorrectly. Repeat setup again

See your manual here:
https://files.support.epson.com/docid/cpd3/cpd38706.pdf

I went in and backed up my WiFi password to 8 characters and the printer was happy with that.

Ask a Question