WIN 10 upgrade disabled Canon G3501

My printer has stopped working following recent "major update" to WIN10.

After many many attempts I have managed to get the printer recognised but the drivers refuse to load. I get different error messages according to whether I load USB or WIFI connections. Even when the CD software gets all the way through the loading process, the printer does not appear on the list of printers to choose from when printing a file, if then I choose to install a new printer, I get offered 2 G3000 series devices. One turns out to be the scanner and the other is a printer but shows an error message “no drivers installed”.

Error messages on loading include software not supported by drivers. Windows can't install Canon G3000 series Printer kernel-mode print driver........ Contact manufacturer

I have tried installing from CD, and downloaded both versions of drivers on Canon website.

I have tried USB direct, wired and wireless connections, Wireless will complete. (not counting no drivers) The others time out trying to find driver or sometimes the printer.

Have you tried running troubleshooting for the device, when you open printers and scanners does the printer appear there and are there any messages below such as default, offline, or not connected?

Thank you for your interest. The trouble shooter reports it can't find a fault. or sometimes it can't find anything.
Immediately after trying to load device it does not appear in printer/scanners, but if I search for printer it returns 2 generic 3000 series devices. One is for scanner, the other for printer, The printer one also says no drivers, the scanner works,. For some reason WIN10 refuses to load the print driver files

You can try to roll back the latest WIN10 update if the change was nothing major, my last update changed the browser, it deleted or reset a lot of my setups but didn't affect the printers I have on my network.

Was a major upgrade revising version of Windows. Advised no more updates/bug fixes/what have you on old version.
Previous experience tells me it probably not possible, so that would be a last resort. Our other PC found the Canon on our WIFI on switch on, so there is some kink somewhere in this one.

Ask a Question