Wrong page numbers printed

Hi Gang

I have the Canon ip4700 printer and it works great except for one little thing.

I print a lot of manuals, it seems people never have them when you buy something used, they lose them all the time.

Any way printing manuals... If I just want to print say a few pages of a manual like from page 100 to 120, it will print from 96 to 116, like a 4 page diff. I have tried this several times and it does the same thing every time no matter what changes I make. I thought at first I was setting it up wrong, but I was very careful when I did the settings. Is normal for this printer. ? I have done this with other printers and they just print what you have it set for. This manual has 284 pages and I really don't need all the pages. I can work around this but it is supposed to print what you set it for.

Thanx....Guinny

Last edited by a moderator:

Ian

Hi Gunny,

It sounds more like a problem with the application printing the manual, rather than the printer itself. The printer will only print what it is told to from the PC.

What filetype is the document you are printing? If it's a PDF, I wonder if you're going from the page numbers in the manual, rather than the page number in the PDF reader? I've done that a couple of times myself by accident!

Hi....I believe it is a PDF file, that is usually what comes up.

When I go to print it, I click on the printer icon in the upper task bar and my ip4700 shows up and I do preferences page comes up and I say I want pages so and so and click print. It gives the page #'s up top in a little window and I change the #'s from 1 to 100 and you cannot change the total pages from 284, but when you click on the printer then it gives you the chance to change the pages you want printed, so I put in 100 - 120 and click print.

Thanx.....Gunny

Ask a Question