3224c constant paper jam j063

I was given a ricoh 3224c colour printer copier for free. Before I took it everything was working perfectly fine, but as soon as I got it home I did a test print. it oriented that one page perfectly but every other print is jamming and paper looks like and accordion when it jams, any help will be much appreciated, If you need more information please don't hesitate to ask, thank you all very much.

What thickness paper do you use? Use real printer paper and dont exceed max recommended thickness.
See your printer manual.

tried a couple of different thicknesses but still the same problem, always gets stuck in the exact same place with the same error code and folds up like an accordian

I'm thinking it is a sensor does anyone have any information or know where to get the repair manual,

Do not think sensor causes paper to fold accordian style. Check your rubber rollers.
They should rotate with ease, just with your finger movement.
Maybe something caught in paper path. Try to observe exactly at what point paper stops. Look for obstruction.
Loose screw - piece of broken off plastic - frozen roller - stiff roller. Observe rubber on each roller. Look for cracked rubber on rollers.

It doesnt make sense that printer worked fine just before you got it. That points to paper thickness that you
might be using. Can you borrow paper from your printer source, just to try.

Service manual here:

https://filemare.com/en-us/browse/7...224 C/RICOH AFICIO 3224C (SERVICE MANUAL).pdf

printer.jpg

this is what is happening, any information would be greatly appreciated, where the paper is stopped on the steel roller is where it always stops and the printed image always ends up on the black rubber roller because the paper gets stops I'm presuming.

Hello,
I was curious as to whether or not you resolved this issue or not?
I am experiencing exactly the same problem with paper stopping in exactly the same place on the vertical transport. I cleaned the optical sensors as well as all rubber feed rollers, but still experiencing the same problem. The printer now cannot even pass one sheet of paper. Going to check the mylar now.
Thanks; I will share results if I remedy the fault.

That document was worthless, but thanks for thinking of me.
I diagnosed the problem correctly by replacing the registration clutch. I should have known that it was going bad because I had heard the paper "slap" when printing, and this became more pronounced over time. I believe that this noise was a result of the clutch engaging later and later before it failed completely.

Ask a Question