A Good Color Inkjet Printer That's Okay With Refills? - Not HP

I need to know what good color inkjet printers are out there with large black ink cartridges (as I do mostly black printing) that don't have any measures in place to prevent the cartridges from being refilled. I bought a HP Deskjet D4260 inkjet printer five years ago, but only recently started refilling the cartridge instead of wasting a lot of money on HP's ink cartridges. Ever since then, it's been giving me problems left and right.

I thought that the Stratitec CH74XL Refillable Inkjet Cartridge...
secure.datatekusa.com/product_info.php?cPath=285&products_id=2106
...would be a good solution, but the printer won't even recognize the damn thing and won;t print at all as long as it's in the printer! That gives me little hope that the tri-color Stratitec CH75XL Refillable Inkjet Cartridge that I also bought at the same time, but still haven't opened yet, will work when I need to refill the tri-color cartridge.

Prior to the HP, I had a Lexmark printer that never gave me a problem with refilled ink cartridges, but sadly, it eventually died. I was looking for a Lexmark at the store back in 2007, but they didn't have any in stock, so I chose the HP because it had the largest black ink cartridge of all of the models being displayed. I never bought a HP printer before, and I can assure you, I never will again. Besides the problems with using refilled ink cartridges, I don't like how much bloatware it tried to install during the driver installation.

By the way, the only reason I haven't had a problem with the HP printer in the past 4.5 years that I've had it is because I've been ****ing away money on HP's overpriced $35 ink cartridges for all that time. I've finally had enough with that wasteful spending, and this is the result.

Ask a Question