All-in-one Photo Printer that can handle 12-13mil paper?

As the topic says, I'm looking for an All-in-one that can do some quality photo printing on some heavy paper.

I really like the Epson Artisan 810 for both its numerous color inks and its functionality. However, there appears to be no rear single-page feed mechanism which is a bit of a downer and has me worried that this might not take 12-13mil paper.

The other printer I was looking at was the Canon MP990 which does seem to have a rear feed but seems to be lacking on the colored inks with only CMY and additional gray and black which are nice but I don't think help me out too much for colored photos.

Are there any other printers out there that I'm not considering that would meet my criteria?

Thanks!

The Epson Workforce 610 has the rear feed you were talking about, but only uses 4 inks. The Epson Artisan line is the only one as far as I know that uses the 6 inks (5 color, 1 black). I do remember seeing a laser printer somewhere that had a rear feed, though. The color lasers are renowned for their outstanding print quality, although a multifunction color laser costs at least $400! (single-function color can cost as low as $200)

I've been looking around some more and your not the first person to mention the quality you can get out of a good color laser printer. I've done just a bit of searching and I saw the Brother HL-3070CW. This one stuck out at me because it's wireless but more importantly their product demo video makes a point about it's direct feed bypass slot for heavy weight paper and how it's a straight shot from front to back when printing this way. This is exactly what I'm looking for feature wise. As far as the Brother brand goes, ive always had the impression that they are on the lower end when it comes to quality, although I may be completley off base with that comment.

If color quality/accuracy and direct feed were the two main features I need in a color laser printer and I was willing to sacrifice the all-in-one capability to get those features at sub $400 price tag, what printer(s) would you reccommend I look at?

Also, I noticed the Brother was an LED printer and not a laser. The marketing info said that there are less moving parts with LED which makes sense as there is no scanning mirror invovled. However, am I sacrifcing color accuracy or clarity by going with LED or is it strictly superior over laser?

Thanks for your help and advice

Ask a Question