Another "Looking for a Laser Printer" Thread

When it comes to laser printers, we've owned nothing but HP. The most recent laser printer we've owned is the HP 3380 AIO and it served us very well for over 12 years. Due to various problems with the 3380, it's now time to look for a replacement.

We run a small office and -- on occasion -- need to print in color. Obviously, we haven't been doing this with our B&W laser printers, but it would be a nice benefit. We've gotten used to the multiple functions provided by the 3380 -- especially the sharp text output and reasonable scanner performance -- so a color laser multi-function (AIO) printer seems to be the order of the day.

Although we've had good luck with HP B&W laser printers over the years, I've certainly noticed that HP has a lot of competition in the laser category, so I don't want to close my mind to other brands.

Assuming that there is such a thing, I'd love to find a color laser AIO that delivers the text output quality we've enjoyed for years, but will still scan and print well. My research is telling me that HP seems to have sacrificed scan quality in the newest AIO printers; hence, my being open to the competition...and, finally, I'd like to find a machine fitting the description provided herein for less than $1,500.00.

All productive advice will be greatly appreciated.

Ask a Question