Another what is the best printer to buy?

BML

I take hundreds of digital photographs and view them on the computer or put them on a DVD to look at on the TV but my wife keeps wanting me to print copies off on my Cannon Pixma iP6000d. Maybe I'm unlucky but the results of my Cannon are not that good and I find that ordering copies on line from Trueprint is better.
However, I have been worn down by the, "whats the point in having a printer" arguments so I'm asking if anyone is prepared to suggest a colour printer specifically for printing photographs?

Your existing iP6000d with six dye colors (including CMYK and also photo-cyan and photo-magenta) should be capable of good to very good photo prints, so it isn't clear you will be better satisfied with a newer replacement.

It's a rather old printer, using relatively easy-to-refill BCI-6 cartridges (no resetter required).

Does the iP6000d pass a nozzle check? If not, that would indicate a possible clogged print-head.

BML

My understanding is that there are some very good photo committed colour printers on the market and I was trying to use the collective wisdom of this forum to find one.

Ask a Question