Banding or Horizontal Lines on Print - Epson ET4550

I have an Epson ET4550 and I have horizontal lines across the page when printing. On black and white text, the banding appears as a light space through the middle of a few lines of print. On color photos, there's a distinct yellow line about every 1/8 inch across the picture. I've cleaned the printer head, realigned the printer head, cleaned the roller, and flushed the ink lines. Does anyone know what I can do to resolve this problem before I throw this printer out the front door of my house? Thanks!!

They say don't answer if you don't really know. I don't. But so many of our issues find resolution by trial and error. Have you taken the ink pods out, waited a bit and replaced them. Is there anyway an ink head could have gotten damaged or finger prints on them? Can you put new pods in there to see if it's an ink pod issue. Again, I've been called down for not replying with the "real" solution. But since I don't see that many moderators coming to your aid I just gave you my first moves. Rule out the ink cartridges. Good Luck. Now you can wait for better answers. ":-Dx

Thanks for responding to me, Jack! I appreciate you trying to help me. I deposit the ink from bottles to ink wells, which are apparently built into the printer. I don't know how I would remove them, but I did clean the head and do everything possible based on Epson's prompts.

Wow! That's a new one for me. Never had a well type. Maybe there could be some wear on the nozzle. Depending on how much you use it. Paper is soft, but it's like a micro-fine sandpaper to the extreme of course. But paper will wear things down. ?? Just a possible scenario. I'm curious how old the printer is and how much you use it. Daily? Rarely? No hurries!

ET stands for Eco Tank. It's a great idea to do away with those costly cartridges and buy ink in bottles. Mine's an ET-4500 so acraft's is a different model.

I too am struggling to find the cause of a significant horizontal banding. I wonder if acraft found a solution?

Ask a Question