Banding with a CANON ImagePROGRAF PRO-300

Hello, this is my last ditch effort to see if anyone can advise me before I send back to the store for repairs (my printer's still in warranty). It's a lot of hassle to send back and I have orders to fulfil, so praying for a fix I may be able to do.

I have a Canon Prograf-300 I use for my art business. To date I've printed more than 500 pages, selling greeting cards and prints. I use high quality paper, but not Canon brand. For prints I use very nice, expensive cotton rag paper and for greeting cards I use 350gsm paper from very reputable GF Smith. I use Canon ink. I've had no problems until recently where it has started doing a subtle banding that is visible across blocks of colour. I've done all the usual stuff - all the self-cleaning options, nozzle check, printhead alignment (auto and manual) to no avail. Been on the phone to Canon and they're saying "it might be the paper if you're not using canon paper". Which is ridiculous and clearly not the cause of the issue.

Has anyone else had the banding problem and were you able to overcome it?
Thank you so much!!

Picture - there is faint horizontal banding visible on blocks of colour that goes from top to bottom, as if there is an overlapping happening.
Screen Shot 2022-03-16 at 17.16.48.png

Ask a Question