Banding

Hi All, any advice on the attached please?

I thought it was the black ink cartridge which was getting low but still the same with the new one. All Canon consumables.

Prints ok if the text is changed to a colour.

Any help appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_0002.jpg
    IMG_0002.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 201
Hmmm ... that's a relatively new printer, I think. Bummer.

* Very helpful attachment. I wish more people did that.

* Anything change between when it worked, and stopped working?

* How long had it been since the printer was working ok? If more than a week or so, is it your practice to do "nozzle checks' about weekly to reduce clogging?

* Is the "nozzle check" ok? That always should be the first step when problems turn up. The risk is a fried print-head if you keep printing with clogged nozzles or ink starvation.

* It can be Very Helpful to attach a scan of the nozzle check, if possible.

* If nozzle check not ok, refrain from almost any other printing until resolved.

* Have you tried "normal cleaning"? Did that help? How about "Deep Cleaning" with over-night delay between another nozzle check?

* Try removing and replacing the print-head, then another nozzle check.

* If the printer is still under warranty, I'd ask Canon tech support about whether it is ok to do a print-head alignment. My experience with Canon has been mostly very positive, but YMMV.

* I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think a print-head alignment will help.

* BTW, what your printer is doing isn't really "banding". That's more of a software issue, typically with Photoshop and too much manipulations with 8-bit per channel images.

Last edited:

Ask a Question