Booklet Maker Question

Believe it or not, I've been looking for weeks now for the answer to what seems to me a very simple question, yet I can't get an answer. I've even tried sales people, and I'm not getting responses. Time of year, perhaps.

We publish a weekly booklet (6 up to 8 sheets of paper becoming 24 up to 32 booklet pages, folded and stapled) and want equipment to take over the production of this ourselves, because the cost of having it done outside has become rediculous. The equipment would pay for itself in less than a year, over cost of outside printing.

My question is quite simple, actually. Take, for example, a machine like the Toshiba eStudio 7506AC with inline booklet finisher (this is one of the candidate machines we have selected as a maybe). Can I send a document to it, and tell it nnn copies and have it start punching out booklets? Or can it only handle one booket at a time?

Seems simple enough that it could count n-pages, then send those to the booklet finisher while the printer part is doing the next n-pages, but I know better than to make assumptions about anything in the computer industry.

So: Does it work that way? Can I tell it 900 copies and it will start punching them out? (With refilling of paper trays from time to time, of course.)

Again... not even the sales people are answering my question and I have a lot of cash ready to spend on this. Go figure...

All help is gratrefully appreciated.
Phil
Around Town Publications
Oregon

Ask a Question