Brother DCP-L2520DW is recognized/won't print

The strange thing is that it printed fine a few days ago. I don't think I changed anything like the Registry or Services.msc and the Print Spooler has started in Services. I try to print a test page and it just sits in the queue and says "Error - Printing". Its connected with USB and the port is LPT-1. When I use the Brother Troubleshooter is tells me "A print job in the print queue is preventing other print jobs from printing". It says it fixed the problem (a green check mark is there). When I cancel that job (only one there - the test page) the same thing happens again. I can't find it in Device Manager. There isn't a section for Printers. Would it be under USB controllers or Ports? If it is, it doesn't say "Printer". Maybe it just refers to the port used?

Last edited:
Printers don't show up in Device Manager. I'm not sure what you're looking for, but you've right-clicked on the Printer and gone through Preferences as well as Properties? It lists Ports there, I think.

Ask a Question