Brother HL-2135W wifi problem

I have the above printer which has started giving me no connection problems recently. For years it has quite happily lived in my back room printing merrily on demand from phone and laptop in front room while my virgin media superhub 3.0 resides also in front room. Recently started misbehaving with no. Connection errors.

My WiFi connection details have not changed. I went into the router settings and printer device is still there. I did a diagnostic on the router and it showed printer as having a weak signal and suggested moving it closer to the router. I brought it into the front room and it now sits about 15 inches away from the router. It works now but another diagnostic it still shows a weak signal.

The current WiFi signal is full strength.
Is my printer starting to die on me? it is around 5 or 6 yrs old

There is a Wi-Fi Booster available. I have put in Wi-Fi cards in my computer and if I do not also install
the antenna wires, I only have a weak signal. If we could open up the printer to see those wires, I would
look for that.

Ask a Question