Brother HL-3170CDW "Print unable 0B"

Hi everybody,

I'm using a Brother HL-3170CDW laser printer for over one year. Suddenly printing is not possible anymore. In the display the error-code "print unable 0B please turn the printer off and on again" - but as you can imagine, this advice didn't fix the issue. I googled some stuff an found an "main PCB problem" so I ordered a new demo unit from ebay (new case without fuser-unit and toner) and replaced everything. But the error still remains. So I replaced the toner and waste-box but this didn't fix the problem either. At least I bought a new fuser-unit and replace it, but again the error still remains. So in fact I replaced the hole printer (PCB, fuser, toner, toner related stuff).

Have any of you some suggestions what problem is causing this error? I would be very happy.

Yours

Georg

Last edited:
It seems that this is a problem with some of the Brother printers and errors and the main board, rather than the printer parts. I'm assuming it's out of warranty. Sometimes it can be the sensors in the printer and would need a simple clean around the printer and parts.

Is the software up to date? That may get rid of the error? Are you connect to a network or is it directly linked to your computer?

But if the main board is a problem then its the electronics.

If you can get in touch with Brother then they may be able to help. Otherwise for the cost of fixing it and the hassle it may be worth looking at another printer. http://www.brother.co.uk/support/contact-us

Ask a Question