Brother MFC-7440N fails to scan

I am pretty sure it is not the printer, but the computer because it works just fine on 3 other machines 2 of which are the same OS.

Toshiba Laptop W10-64 Pro. I have installed this printer dozens and dozens of time over the years. On this particular machine scanning only fails. Open Brother Utilities, select Control Center 3. Open Control Center 3 and attempt a scan ... any kind of scan .. fails on any option. See uploaded file.

Capture.PNG

I have run sfc /scannow with no errors. To be sure, ran:

Code:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Which came back OK. I am sure it is a computer problem because other W10-64 machines on the network work just fine. The printer is a networked printer ethernet connected to my router and has the latest firmware. Being a computer problem, I am praying for some help. Device manager is clean.Control Panel Devices and Printers show the printer and it is the default.

I have uninstalled/reinstalled the package several times ... even with Brother's removal tool.

I am at a loss at this point. Help is immensely appreciated.

Last edited:
FIXED IT. No TWAIN drivers. When I upgraded from W7 to W10, I forgot to uninstall the W7 Brother pkg first. After the upgrade, installed the W10 pkg. I then had two installations. I am pretty sure that was the problem, .. but I have it all straightened out now. Thanks anyway.

Ask a Question